Top Current Affairs for fresh live jobs 1st February 2020
1) Nobel laureate Abhijit Vinayak Banerjee was conferred the honorary Doctor of Letters by his alma mater Calcutta University at its annual convocation in Kolkata.
2) The Ramsar Convention has declared 10 more wetlands in India as sites of international importance. With this, a total of 37 sites in the country have been recognised under the international treaty.
3) Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani claimed yet another Senior National Billiards Championship title with a 5-2 win over Sourav Kothari in a pulsating final.
4) The CISF has been declared as the "best marching contingent" amongst CAPFs and other auxiliary squads during the Republic Day parade this year.
5) Senior diplomat Taranjit Singh Sandhu has been appointed as India’s Ambassador to the US.
6) Renowned Indian environmental economist and UN Environment Programme, Goodwill Ambassador Pavan Sukhdev has won the 2020 Tyler Prize, regarded as the “Nobel Prize for the Environment” for his groundbreaking “green economy” work.
7) Sachin Bansal has resigned from the board of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd citing that an entity owned and controlled by him has applied for a universal banking licence.
8) Indian cyclist Esow Alben has bagged a gold in the men’s Keirin individual event of the Six Day Berlin Tournament.
9) New Zealand leg-spinner Todd Astle has announced his retirement from first-class cricket to focus on the limited-overs formats.
10) Quick service restaurant chain Burger King India has received markets regulator Sebis approval for an initial public offer.
Tag : currentaffairs