- The nationwide Paryatan Parv, 2019 kicked off to promote tourism in the country. It will continue till 13th October 2019. The aim is to propagate the message of Dekho Apna Desh to encourage people to visit tourist destinations of the country and also spread the message of Tourism for All.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the most effective Swachchta Ambassador award to cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The government on appointed economist Surjit Bhalla as Executive Director (India) at the International Monetary Fund for a period of three years.
- Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju flagged off ‘Fit India Plog run at Indira Gandhi stadium in New Delhi to mark Gandhi Jayanti.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh is on a four day visit to India. She will be attending the India Economic Summit of the World Economic Forum in Delhi.
- To mark the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi, Country’s largest PSU oil refiner and retailer Indian Oil Corporation has taken up various initiatives to support the government’s drive to eliminate single use plastic by converting these toxic wastes to productive use. The company will use its refinery operations to convert the single use plastic waste into a specialised bitumen that can be used for the construction of roads and highways.
- CH SS Mallikarjuna Rao has been appointed as Punjab National Bank’s CEO and MD for up to September 18, 2021.
Tag : currentaffairs