- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana has achieved a significant milestone by crossing one crore beneficiaries. The "PMMVY" is a direct benefit transfer scheme under which cash benefits are provided to pregnant women in their bank account directly to meet enhanced nutritional needs and partially compensate for wage loss. The total amount disbursed to the beneficiaries under the scheme has crossed four thousand crore rupees.
- Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria will be the next chief of Indian Air force. Air Marshal Bhadauria, who took over as the Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force in May this year, will take charge from the incumbent Chief Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa on 30th of September 2019.
- Four Chief Justices of High Courts have been appointed as the Supreme Court judges. With this, the total strength of the Apex court has gone up to the highest ever number of 34.The appointees are Himachal Pradesh High Court Chief Justice V. Ramasubramanian, Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice Krishna Murari, Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice S. Ravindra Bhat and Kerala High Court Chief Justice Hrishikesh Roy.
- The 55th Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation Day was celebrated at the High Commission of India in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 19th September 2019.
- Union Power Minister RK Singh and Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik have jointly inaugurated 15 power projects and laid the foundation stone for 20 others worth 10,000 crore rupees in the state. The aim behind this is to ensure 24X7 electricity supply in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Gujarat Government has decided to defer till 15th of October the implementation of new rules under the Motor Vehicles Amendment Act with stiffer fines.
- Government has approved 8.65 per cent interest rate on deposits in Employees Provident Fund for 2018-19. Ministry of Labour and Employment has notified 8.65 per cent rate of interest on EPF deposits for its over six crore subscribers.
Tag : currentaffairs